Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I just can't help it .... and i can't stop!

Diamond Yarns is a distributor that i use quite extensively. They not only carry their own Luxury yarn (think Mulberry Merino!), but also several imported lines like Debbie Bliss, Louisa Harding and Colinette.

My Diamond rep just left. Before she arrived, i had steeled myself to ONLY order the Colinette yarn. Afterall, that's why she was coming. We made the appointment for ONLY Colinette Yarn. And i was ONLY going to order 1 more line to add to the wonderful Ribbon Giotto already on hand (to which i will be adding 5 more colours, arriving first of September which will make 10 colours of that little beauty.)

I ordered 3 lines. In 5 colours each. And then i ordered wonderful Malabrigio sock yarn, 100% wool with a hand so soft your eyes will close in ectasy. Mine did. And a whole bunch of pattern books (there is a cardi in the IONA book - mmmmmmm)

And she's going to call me with more details about 2 more lines.

I just can't help it ... and i can't stop.

There should be a group for Yarn Buyers like me. We could call it CYBA - Canadian Yarn Buyers Anonymous. I would just say "Sorry, i can't join you for lunch, i have a CYBA meeting this afternoon."

But it probably shouldn't be anonymous - we need all the help we can get.

I wish i could stop.

1 comment:

Soper Creek Yarn said...

I would be the next to join the group...there is so much great yarn out there...so much yarn so little time.

Don't we have the best job! (No money but the best job!)