Thursday, June 11, 2009

I'm Leaving ... On a Jet Plane ...

Heading off to Columbus, Ohio (i know, i know!) tomorrow afternoon! What's there? Why, only one of the largest Fiber Conferences! Except in Italy and maybe next year we'll go there!

I will see all the new trends and colours from Europe and the States; the US seems to be about 1 year ahead of us for trends, and Europe, 2 years ahead of us. I've already seen some yarns - with Pom-Poms on them. I'm serious. If you want them, i'll get 'em , but think, "Fifi the Poodle on Acid" and you'll know what i'm talking about. Just a little out there for me.

AND ... i will have an opportunity to meet Debbie Bliss and Louise Harding ... i hope.  We will be bringing in their yarn in a big way in the fall, so it will be cool to meet them and discover their rational, colour and design sense. It's been promised so i hope it happens. I will also be meeting up with other LYS (Local Yarn Store) owners to whom i have been chatting for the past year. That will be fun as well.

So stay tuned - i'll take pictures and notes and let you know what's up!

No comments: